August 2020
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

0
0

A Casa 'Vigna di Noe' Taurasi Riserva

Region: Italy, Campania, Taurasi Riserva

Vintage: 2007


Average Review ( Reviews)
5 Corkscrews 0
4 Corkscrews 0
3 Corkscrews 0
2 Corkscrews 0
1 Corkscrews 0

Winery: Vini A Casa
Type of Grape: Aglianico
Style: Red

Description: SoilCretaceous calcareous clay soils, on terraces rich of volcanic ash and lapilli. Rich in exchangeable potassium and magnesium with many mineralsthat make it a unique terroir.Vine density: 1.200 plants per hectareYear of planting: 1830Average yield per vine: 1 kgGrape VarietyAglianico 100% mostly ungrafted,from 15 different clones.Harvested in crates (18 kg max),Hand-selected by sorting on conveyors, the must is fermented and then macerated with the skins at a controlled temperature with periodic replacements. The wine is placed in 30 Hl oak barrelsand aged for 2 years.Before being sold, the wine isaged in bottle for another 18 months.Alcohol Content: 13,5%-14% depending on vintage.ColorDeep ruby red with violet hues.AromaFruity with hints of black cherry, blackberry, black plums and spices.FlavorOf ripe red fruits with hints of cocoa and coffee. Rare elegance soft tannins.Well balanced.

In the history of the Principato Ultra, with Montefusco initially as its capital and then as from 1806, Avellino, very important for industrial and economic development, was the dominion of the Caracciolo family, the feudatories since 1581, whose uninterrupted lordship lasted until the subversion of feudalism (1806). The Caracciolo family strived not only to build an homogeneous and compact feudal entity from a territorial point of view, but also to create and increase a productive system with an outstanding industrial and commercial nature, especially due to the use of hydraulic energy provided by theSabato and Fenestrelle water courses for industrial purposes. Using the technical expertise of engineering experts, they created a complex and well-constructed hydraulic system consisting of underground piles, ports and ducts aimed to use the springs, which powered the mills and hydraulic machines in the areas, especially used to produce woollen clothing. In fact six gualchiere, or wool mills, sprung up between Monteforte and Pianodardine, which were sources of considerable income for the Caracciolo princes. The Pianodardine wool mill – now home to Cantine A Casa – as well as an inn and a house, already featured on the Napoleonic Land Registry of the Municipality of Avellino (1809/10) in lots 817/818. With the judgement of the Avellino Civil Court on 14/15 September 1852, all the assets of Prince Caracciolo were handed out to other people, including his brother-in-law Leopoldo de La Tour, Count of Naples and the Marchioness Giustino Caracciolo Imperiale, his wife. In the buildings registry of the Municipality of Avellino, drawn up around the mid 19th century, in lot 285, Emanuele was attributed to Count Leopoldo de La Tour, with a house consisting of 4 underground rooms and 4 first floor rooms in the locality of Pianodardine, described as a linen and hemp weaving mill, with an annotation in the margin indicating the change of destination for residential use. Upon the death of Leopoldo de La Tour on 19 January 1906, the children Francesco, Leopoldo, Maria and Marino, as they no longer lived in Italy, opted to alienate this asset, selling it with the Lucadamo act of 20/06/1920 to the brothers Angelo and Michele Mastroberardino, who were already tenants of the building, where the father Angelo had started a winemaking business in 1878.


Filter Reviews by Title: by Rating:
No result
No result
GO