August 2020
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

0
0

A Casa 'Bussi' Greco di Tufo

Region: Italy, Campania, Taurasi

Vintage: 2012


Average Review ( Reviews)
5 Corkscrews 0
4 Corkscrews 0
3 Corkscrews 0
2 Corkscrews 0
1 Corkscrews 0

Winery: Vini A Casa
Type of Grape: Greco di Tufo
Style: White

Description: SoilVolcanic clay, rich in nutrients and minerals, particularly sulphur.Vine density: 5000 plants per hectareAverage age: 14 yearsAverage yield per vine: 1.5 kgGrape variety100% Greco di Tufo harvested in crates (max. 20 kg) soft pressed and blanketed with nitrogen after passing through a cooling tunnel.The must is clarified naturally by settling and fermented with cultured yeasts in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats blanketed with nitrogen. Aged in stainless steel for five months before bottling.Acquired alcohol: 12%-13% depending on vintageColourDeep straw yellow with golden hints.AromaIntense and fruity, characterised by mineral notes with balanced hints of flowers and Williams pears.FlavourRich and well structured, piquant, fruity and almost aromatic with a long finish.

In the history of the Principato Ultra, with Montefusco initially as its capital and then as from 1806, Avellino, very important for industrial and economic development, was the dominion of the Caracciolo family, the feudatories since 1581, whose uninterrupted lordship lasted until the subversion of feudalism (1806). The Caracciolo family strived not only to build an homogeneous and compact feudal entity from a territorial point of view, but also to create and increase a productive system with an outstanding industrial and commercial nature, especially due to the use of hydraulic energy provided by theSabato and Fenestrelle water courses for industrial purposes. Using the technical expertise of engineering experts, they created a complex and well-constructed hydraulic system consisting of underground piles, ports and ducts aimed to use the springs, which powered the mills and hydraulic machines in the areas, especially used to produce woollen clothing. In fact six gualchiere, or wool mills, sprung up between Monteforte and Pianodardine, which were sources of considerable income for the Caracciolo princes. The Pianodardine wool mill – now home to Cantine A Casa – as well as an inn and a house, already featured on the Napoleonic Land Registry of the Municipality of Avellino (1809/10) in lots 817/818. With the judgement of the Avellino Civil Court on 14/15 September 1852, all the assets of Prince Caracciolo were handed out to other people, including his brother-in-law Leopoldo de La Tour, Count of Naples and the Marchioness Giustino Caracciolo Imperiale, his wife. In the buildings registry of the Municipality of Avellino, drawn up around the mid 19th century, in lot 285, Emanuele was attributed to Count Leopoldo de La Tour, with a house consisting of 4 underground rooms and 4 first floor rooms in the locality of Pianodardine, described as a linen and hemp weaving mill, with an annotation in the margin indicating the change of destination for residential use. Upon the death of Leopoldo de La Tour on 19 January 1906, the children Francesco, Leopoldo, Maria and Marino, as they no longer lived in Italy, opted to alienate this asset, selling it with the Lucadamo act of 20/06/1920 to the brothers Angelo and Michele Mastroberardino, who were already tenants of the building, where the father Angelo had started a winemaking business in 1878.


Filter Reviews by Title: by Rating:
No result
No result
GO